My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Saturday 12 December 2015

R+P Post 33: Reflections on my Role and Contribution During Research and Planning

I believe I have played a very important role during the research and planning phase of this project and my contribution has been essential to the development of our ideas. In particular, my role in the planning phase has been especially important, as I put a lot of work into developing the idea we have for our video and making sure that our ambitions remain feasible.

Below are a couple of the ways in which I have contributed to the project during research and planning:

I contributed to our group's timeline and storyboard considerably, as I quickly realised that these documents would be essential to the development of our ideas. Alongside Shayam, I made sketches and of each of our key shots and compiled them onto the storyboard. For the timeline, I produced a document that had both a list of the important parts of the song as well as a visual timeline.

Additionally, I put the final touches on our album's flat plan. It was important that this was done sooner rather than later, as this flat plan will impact both the promo shoot during the construction phase as well as the creation of our album digipak itself.




One of my roles during the
test shoot was managing our time
In preparation for and during our test shoot, I took on the role of assistant director and camera operator. Before the shoot I focused on creating the shootboard to ensure that we would know what shots we would need to take. Whenever I wasn't using the camera, I kept an eye on our schedule to make sure we were within time, and made adjustments to this schedule when they were needed. I believe our test shoot would not have been as useful as it was without this input.


Finally, another major contribution I made was my management of the studio lighting during our test shoot. This meant that it was my job to figure out the best lighting setup for our set with the lighting desk up in the studio gallery. This proved quite challenging, as our studio set had a lot of different components which needed to be lit differently.




No comments:

Post a Comment