My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Monday 5 October 2015

R+P Post 2: Myself as a music consumer

Although I wouldn't consider myself a very typical music consumer, the fact remains that music is completely ingrained in society. As such, there are a couple of tracks that have had a big impact on me.

The Police - Message in a Bottle
This is a song that my Dad would play quite often when I was a child, so it is quite nostalgic for me. I think it appealed to me as a child due to the repetition of the lyrics, but reflecting on the song today has made me much more aware of the themes of loneliness present in the song. I think I may have sub-consciously attached to this, as I was quite solitary growing up.

Gary Jules - Mad World
I first heard this song shortly after I started at Latymer. I was initially very anxious about secondary school, as I had gone through a number of issues with bullying during my time at primary school. It's for this reason that this song is so significant as it really resonated with me at the time. Even still, I find myself listening to this song to relax or unwind.

OneRepublic - Counting Stars
As a young adult, this is the song that means the most to me today. To me, the song represents an ambition to achieve success whilst doing what you love; which is exactly what I hope to achieve with a career in the media industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment