My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Friday 30 October 2015

R+P Post 13: Influences and inspiration from art, fashion and culture

Though most of our influences have been from products within the music industry, there are some references from beyond this industry that have been quite inspirational.


Wes Anderson - Cinematography
Cinematography is something that interests me a great deal, as I find it fascinating how manipulating the smallest of details can have such a subtle, yet huge impact. Wes Anderson is a director whose cinematography is especially relevant to my ideas.
As can be seen from the picture above, there are many instances during his films in which a shot has a remarkable degree of symmetry. The effect is quite uncanny and has become a recognisable feature of his film-making. In regards to my own ideas, I would like to use a technique like this in my music video, as it could be used to add a greater level of depth to an otherwise normal shot.

Andy Warhol - Pop Art
Andy Warhol's distinctive 'pop-art' style has had an influence on my ideas for our band's album. Specifically, one of our ideas for the album was to have a portrait of each of our band members in a grid similar to the pop-art style. A similar idea to this has been used with reasonable success by Blur and this style has inspired the development of my ideas regarding the album cover.

Rock Culture - Classic Rock and Modern Rock
The development in Rock culture is important for me to consider when producing my own music video, as the genre has evolved over the last few decades.

Classic Rock bands have a very bold, often extreme appearance. This ranges from the more aggressive appearances like that of Metallica to the more radical expressions in the case of Kiss.











More recently, 'Modern Rock' has been the more standard style in the music industry. As this is more current, this will be the more influential of these two cultures to my own video. An example of an influential Modern Rock band would be Bring Me The Horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment