My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Friday 30 October 2015

R+P Post 12: Artists/bands that have influenced my ideas

There are a number of successful artists and bands who have influenced my ideas for this project:
Paramore
Paramore is a Rock/Alt. Rock band who are very well known for a number of reason. Their music is often quite deep and reflective, which has made me realise just how important it is for the music video to draw on the song's lyrics. Furthermore, their lead singer Hayley Williams is recognised for both her bold style and personality as well as a soft, melodic voice. I would like to construct the image of our lead singer in a similar way.

Catfish and the Bottlemen
This band have a clear 'post-indie' connotation through their image, especially through the consistent use of a black and white colour scheme. Their lead singer Van McCann (second from the left) subtly draws on the Beatles through his hairstyle whereas the other band members have more distinct hair-styles. This band's image is especially strong, and have had a large influence on the vision I have for my own band's image.

Amber Run
This band is another example of a typical indie-rock band, but Amber Run display their British nationality moreso in their image than other bands. This is made clear in their hairstyles and clothing, as well as their consistent use of a lion in their band's logo. This band has illustrated the effectiveness of nationality in the band's image, something I will likely utilise in the image of my own band.

No comments:

Post a Comment