My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Thursday 19 March 2015

Construction 10: Looking back - Reflections on our final outcome

When the audience watches our sequence, we hope that:
  • They express interest in our story, which unlike some action films, is a major feature of our film
  • Our characters are recognisable, yet compelling. The action genre has a number of easily identifiable character types, but at the same time we wanted our characters to be more unique.
  • The look of our scene interests them. Although there are minor issues with grading and lighting, we hope that the isolation of our setting creates an interesting effect.
High points:
  • When we were able to keep our actors focused, our shoots were very fun.
  • It was enjoyable watching the progression of our sequence from a simple idea into a fully fledged sequence
Low points:
  • There were times in which I felt that the other members of my group were not taking an active role in the project. As a result I had to take responsibility for a lot of work.
  • We had to have several back-up shoots due to a lack of communication between myself and the other members of the group. Although I had made a checklist of necessary shots, the other members of my group insisted on re-shooting everything. As we didn't have time for this, we ended up missing some key shots.
Having had a chance to reflect on our opening sequence, I am very happy with what we have been able to produce. Going in to this project, I wanted to make sure that our production stood out as an interesting and high-quality sequence. As there were many other groups in our year making comedy or drama film openings, I was adamant that our sequence must have an engaging story and a compelling pair of lead characters. Although our choice of action as our genre introduced many difficulties, such as the editing of the gunshots and the setting of a poker game, I believe we have overcome the majority of problems we encountered. Unfortunately, there were a number of minor continuity issues, but these would have been impossible to solve without another week of shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment