My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Thursday 19 March 2015

Construction 7: My personal contributions to the Shoot Sessions

During our shoot sessions, I took on the role of the camera operator. I chose this job as I am quite confident in my abilities behind the camera. Furthermore, Eddie was happy to be in charge of lighting and Ignacio wanted to manage the shoot-board and clapper board. However, we made sure that these roles were flexible so that we could all get experience with each part of the process.
As well as operating the camera, I also took it upon myself to keep our actors organised. As many of our shots only needed one or two actors, it meant that the others would remain behind set whilst we were gathering the necessary footage. This sometimes resulted in conversation, which had to be limited whilst the camera was rolling. This was difficult at times however, as sometimes the number of people talking was too much for one person to control; especially when members of our group were involved as well.

In the moments when I wasn't behind the camera, I would critique the framing set up by another member of the group or raise any concerns with lighting or continuity. I thought it necessary to raise anything that might later become an issue.

Reflections
I believe that I made a significant contribution to the shoot sessions as there were very few issues with framing in our opening sequence. Although continuity was an issue, it is difficult to spot problems with continuity before reviewing the footage after the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment