My Introduction

Hello! My name name is Alistair Price (candidate number 9137) and this is my A2 Media blog. As a member of group 1, I am working alongside Amber Mota (candidate number 9114) and Shayam Utting (candidate number 9164). To see my work, please use the labels on the right named "A2 Research and Planning", "A2 Construction" and "A2 Evaluation".

'Trip Switch' by Come What May

Our Album Cover

Our Album Cover
Outside Digipak Panels

Our Album Cover 2

Our Album Cover 2
Inside Digipak Panels
Our website navigation bar: please click on it to see the website

Saturday 21 March 2015

Evaluation Question 6: What have you learned about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

As a media student, I have had the chance to use many different pieces of technology throughout my education. This project gave me the opportunity to solidify my understanding of more traditional and familiar technology whilst providing me a wide range of new technology to use.

Hardware:

1. The Camera - Canon Legria HF G30
As we had used this camera during our GCSE projects, I was already familiar with how to operate this piece of technology. However, this was the first project in which I approached the filming process with an awareness of continuity. This had a huge effect on the filming process, as I had to note every feature of the shot so that there were no breaks in the continuity of our sequence.

2. The Camera Jib
This was a piece of technology which was completely new to me. The purpose of the camera jib is to provide steady, professional shots from angles which are impossible to achieve on a regular tripod. With this, we were able to gather shots which were more interesting than regular long-shots.

Unfortunately we were only able to use this during our test shoot, meaning the shots we gathered ended up unused in our final sequence. Nevertheless I was able to gain valuable experience on how to use this piece of equipment.

3. Studio Lighting


We had never been given the chance to use the lighting set-up in the studio. Therefore shooting our project in the studio gave us the valuable opportunity to use a new piece of technology. Although we only used the studio lighting for our spotlight, we were able to gain a good understanding of how to affected the production of our sequence.
  Software:

1. Adobe Premiere Pro
Similarly to the camera, I was already familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro thanks to previous projects as well as independent use. However, I had not had any experience with grading prior to making our opening sequence. Having completed the project, I can say that I am much more familiar with the grading process, although there is still more I can learn about it.

2. Adobe After Effects
Adobe After Effects was not a program I was familiar with. We needed to use this program in order to create our special effects of the gunshots. Although the process consisted of a lot of trial and error, I eventually picked up the basics of using this program. I created a video to exhibit the process I used in order to create the gunshot effects used in our final sequence.

Overall, I believe I have acquired a lot of knowledge on both familiar and unfamiliar technologies during this project. I have been given the opportunity to consolidate my understanding of different technology whilst learning about new programs. The camera jib and Adobe After Effects are two pieces of technology that were completely new to me before this project, but now I believe I am confident enough with both to use them again in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment